General Information

Frequently asked questions
For the most relevant key facts about Bremen and the study at the university of Bremen please check the information here.

Where can I live in Bremen?
The International Office of the university offers accommodations in cooperation with the ‘Studentenwerk Bremen’. There are several possibilities: you can stay in a student dorm (single rooms or flat-sharing), in a family or you can search for a flat or a flat-sharing community by yourself. (Please note: There is a lack of single rooms! If you want to stay in a flat-sharing community you have to introduce yourself personally!). The minimum rent of a room is about 170,– €. Find more information here: LINK
Are there any lectures held in English?

Most lectures are held in German. That is why we recommend having certain knowledge in speaking and writing German before coming to Bremen. But even without enough German language knowledge you can study at our faculty. We offer a range of lectures taught in English (on bachelor and master level). You will find an amount of 45 to 60 ECTS of English taught lectures. Please have a look to the offered courses in English.
Is there a possibility to do some sports at the university?

The university offers a lot of different kinds of sports. You can find further information regarding the application, the costs and the timetable here: (only in German available)